Thursday, March 01, 2007

Player-hating on NASCAR fans

This will be brief, because I have work to do and because I don't think I can even say much about this without going off.

I saw a news clip from Fox News about the struggles that are going on over whether the International Speedway Corporation can build a NASCAR track in Washington State. If you can find the video (which I tried unsuccessfully to link) it's worth watching. The politians and citizens of Seattle are completely brutal in their comments about NASCAR fans. To the point of accusing them of being criminals and low-life's.

My comments: Apparently the good people of the state of Washington would prefer NASCAR didn't visit their part of the country. Good, I don't want to watch it from there. They'd likely require that team pit crews be replaced with state licensed personnel and the race might never finish because they'd never get around to actually changing the tires or filling the cars up with gas. Wait, it's Oregon that won't let you pump your own gas. Same difference right?

Oh, that was insensitive and stupid? So are the comments in the video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home