Sunday, December 06, 2009

T-minus 19 Days

I was asked last week if I was on alert for a call from my wife that she was in labor. Up to that point I hadn't really thought much about it. I haven't even packed my bag for the hospital yet. But now that it's been brought up, yes, I'll probably be taking most of the calls from my wife for now - even if it means having to get up and leave a meeting. The last thing I need is her mad at me because I declined a call while she was in labor. Not good.

Last weekend we assembled the Diaper Genie and set up the baby monitor. The monitor has this beady green light that shines in my eyes when I roll over in bed at night. I'm not sure what the thinking was in making that light actually shine toward you. From what I understand I won't need any additional help NOT sleeping.





My grandmother (mom's mom) has a long-standing tradition of making a quilt for each grandchild and great-grandchild. I had wondered if her health would allow her to make a quilt for Drake, but when we were in Vinita last weekend she presented us with his quilt. One of the things she does is to stitch who it's for, when, and who it's from on the back. In this case this information is really important to me because it may help Drake make the connection between his middle name and where it came from - Grandma is the last one in our family with the Scott name.



I assembled the pack-n-play this afternoon, it now sits in our bedroom setup in bassinet mode waiting on Drake to come home from the hospital. The pack-n-play is quite the contraption. That thing has all sorts of attachments and accessories.

The list of things left to do seems to grow at least as quickly as I can check them off. Guess I'd better get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home