Thursday, November 26, 2009

Baby Drake Update

We are down to just 4 weeks until Drake should be here. Does that freak anyone else out? Maybe it's just me.

Our final ultrasound yesterday was a little disappointing. He was curled up in a tight ball and refused to move, so we couldn't see a ton. They were able to get good measurements and said everything looks good.

According to Dr. Lacey - who is rarely wrong, I'm told - he currently weighs 6 lbs.


(Pause for that to sink in a minute)


Yeah, so he's predicting that Drake will be 8-8.5 lbs. at birth. My father-in-law is very excited. My wife has been trying to figure out which branch of the family is to blame for her having such a large baby inside. She had in mind something in the 6.5-7.0 range. One of her grandmothers is sure that the doctor is wrong, to which Britt replied, "Then he's coming in the next week and a half".

The car seat base is strapped into the Pilot. I'm a big fan of the "LATCH" system, which makes that process very, very easy. I was expecting to have to invoke differential equations to get the seatbelt contorted correctly. Not an issue.

Yesterday Britt commented, at least next Christmas Drake will be old enough to be fun (as opposed to being 2 months old and just sleeping or whatever). Shortly thereafter she realized he'd be mobile at that point and the tree would be in jeopardy. No word on how excited she is now. :)

Nursery is ready. Britt is ready. I guess I am... That's not a question of my excitement level only my confidence about what is getting ready to happen.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Jaans said...

I love this post! You guys are going to be awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home