Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pre-season

The 2009 edition of the Webb City Cardinals held their DVD-scrimmage this evening at Cardinal Stadium. I didn't get to attend. How could that be you ask? Well, it's simple, I was busy doing some pre-season training of my own. Still confused?

Here's the deal. As a Cards fan, it is critical to get in shape for the dash for seats at each home game. Scrimmages don't provide much training, because crowds are so small there's no pressure to perform. As such, I found a more effective way to train - buy general admission tickets to a sold-out Martina McBride concert.

Doors opened at 6, show at 8, and it was a free-for-all when they opened the doors. Preggo-wife in tow, we dashed for seats and managed front row center.

Let's just say, I'm definitely in mid-season form.

Okay, really, we didn't get there until 7:40 because we were busy buying a 4-door vehicle and there were no seats, so we stood for the first 20 minutes until we spotted some no-shows and grabbed theirs.

It was a good show. Very interesting crowd. Got called a really not-nice name because I wouldn't let a beer and nacho toting woman step between Brittany and I (we were standing about 3-inches apart). We missed the cover of Journey at the end of the show because we thought she was done and we were trying to avoid getting buried in the crowd.

I'm sure the car deal will get its own post soon, but suffice it to say I went "Jayson French" on the guy. He didn't open his Kingdom Worker card, but he took my offer and we now own 2 silver Hondas.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger Modiggity said...

oh the joys of using 'Jayson French' as a metaphor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home