Sunday, June 07, 2009

In The News

The end of May and beginning of June is always busy and I find it difficult to keep up with blogging. That's not to say I've got nothing to say, just less time to sit down and post it.

A few editorial comments from the last few weeks:

- Headline: GM goes bankrupt. Comment: Didn't see that coming!

- Headline: NASA completes work on Hubble. Comments: I'll be the first to say that I find the history of the the space program fascinating. Guys like Alan Shepherd and John Glenn are (semi-)modern cowboys that rode rockets into space back when that was a new thing. Sometime after we ended the moon program it kind of lost me. I don't really think we're getting much out of the billions we're putting into the program at this point. Recently NASA completed a big reno (yes, I watch HGTV with my wife) on the Hubble telescope. They played it up like this was crazy dangerous. Maybe it was, but I'm skeptical. I have a tendency to think they are trying to keep people interested as they transition out of the shuttle program into whatever is next - they don't want their funding cut in other words.

- Headline: Obama says Iran has legitimate nuclear interests. Comments: Really? What world did he wake up in the day he said that? Thinking like that will get us all killed.

- Headline: Obamas go for date night in NYC. Comments: Too easy. I'll leave this alone. Don't get me started on what a waste of taxpayer dollars this is.

- Headline: Queen of England not invited to D-Day ceremony. Comments: I'm sure the invite just got lost in the mail. I'm sure that the 4 heads of state who were invited had no reason to not invite her. She only served during the war. I mean they're all decorated war vets too...wait, never mind.

- Headline: I'm going to be a dad! Comments: Yes, you read that right. We found out in late April and decided to wait until Britt could go to the doctor before we told anyone. The grandparents (all 6 of them) are really excited and so are we. The doctor said Baby Claborn (gender not known yet) should be available for comment on or about 12/25/09.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Tony Cole said...

Congrats on the baby Ryan! That's great. Hope your summer is going well thus far. You and the gang are in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home