Friday, February 01, 2008

Loving Others

Last night our small group met and we talked about honoring Christ by loving others. It was a tough lesson for me, because in the process I was stepping on my own toes. It's easy to say that I care about the lost or people with physical needs, but it's another thing to really do something about it. As I prepared for the lesson I was definitely convicted of a need to be very conscious of how I am or am not showing Christ's love in tangible ways to those around me each day.

As we talked we got onto the topic of apathy and how it is easy to be less than compassionate toward people and situations that don't directly effect us. I certainly am guilty of that - yes I care that people have needs or are dealing with pain and loss, but do I get involved?

Then this morning I found a blog post by Arron Chambers - who is a minister in Jacksonville, FL - dealing with the issue of becoming apathetic toward the needs and situations of others. I thought it was worth linking here, he has some good thoughts.


Arron's Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home