Monday, January 21, 2008

From the Weekend

I finally broke down this weekend and created a Facebook account. I didn't see it coming until a co-worker gently informed me that having our incoming interns participate in a book discussion using a Yahoo group was very old school and I should instead do it on Facebook. I fought it for a while, but finally decided I was simply being stubborn. So now I have a Facebook account - though not a very complete one.

One other highlight from this weekend was something that happened yesterday. A good friend taught me several years ago that worship doesn't just happen on Sunday morning at 10am or at a large event. Worship can happen almost anywhere when our hearts and minds are focused on God and we are giving glory to Him. This was a real eye-opener for me, because it gave me a different perspective on many of the things I enjoy doing.

Case in point. Yesterday afternoon I had the chance to pull the Civic in the garage and perform a routine oil change & tire rotation. Now this isn't the sort of thing that everyone likes to do, but I do. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but it's fun once in a while to work with my hands (other than for typing). So there I was on a cold January day with the Civic up in the air changing the oil, checking the fluid levels and rotating the tires (the fronts were showing more wear than I'd like, that might indicate something about my driving!). I'm always uneasy about coming right out and calling an experience like this "worship", but I can say it was some time away from the TV, the computer, and the cell phone (for the most part) when I could enjoy something simple. At the very least I'm very thankful to have opportunities like that.

Finally, our house was shown once this weekend. We are trying very hard to fight our anxious feelings about whether it will sell or not and trust that God will bring a buyer in His timing - if it is His will for us to buy the house we are hoping to buy. The other "hands on" project I did this weekend was installing a new door bell button. A quick trip to Lowe's and $5 later and now we have a new button that looks nice (because the center isn't broken) and lights up. How's that for adding curb appeal?!?

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Equip Blog said...

Hey Ryan!

Sounds like life is treating you well. It is good seeing you on facebook and hearing about what you are doing!

Congrats on getting married too!!!

Steve Briix

 

Post a Comment

<< Home