Monday, October 01, 2007

Winning is winnning

Sometimes you have to win one ugly in order to get off of an "oh-for" slump.

That is just what my fantasy football team managed to do for me this week. With 2 players remaining in the Monday night match up (neither expected to light it up) I've secured a 31-23 victory over Seth who didn't have a quarterback or one other position this week due to bye weeks. Not exactly my proudest achievement, but it does notch that all important first win of the season. A wise man once said:

"You almost had me? YOU almost had ME? Ask any racer, any real racer (Yes, I lifted this from a car movie, no it's not Days of Thunder). It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning."

I suspect the folks down in Norman and Austin this morning would concur with that statement from the inverse point of view. It doesn't matter whether you deserved to lose or not, the only thing the voters care about is the final score and the rank (or lack thereof) your opponent carried into the game, well and maybe how bad the beating was (41-21?). Good news is that both teams are similarly motivated to kill one another this weekend at the "Red River Shootout" or whatever they call it. This might be the first time in history that OSU is ahead of both OU and Texas in the Big 12 standings at the same time. I have no intimations that's going to last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home