Thursday, September 06, 2007

5 years already?

Tuesday marked a somber anniversary for me. September 4th was the fifth anniversary of the destruction of my first Trans Am.

The short version of how it happened is this:

College freshman shouldn't be allowed to drive cars. (Only kidding)





























I was sitting at a stoplight in Stillwater headed back to my apartment briefly before going to a night class at OSU after which I was driving to Springfield, MO for a CIY Summer Conference (now Move) planning meeting. The light changed and I proceeded across the intersection and as I came to the last 10 feet or so of the intersection a red Dodge Neon came out of nowhere and hit my car on the passenger's front corner. The young man driving the Neon, who I genuinely tried to check on a for a few days afterwards, had not seen his light change to red and because of the cars stopped in the two lanes next to him I was unable to see him coming. The results were two totaled cars and a third with slight damage (80's Mustang, main color: Primer gray).

No one was hurt seriously, just a little sore. That was the huge blessing in the whole thing. I was sad to see the car go, it was something I valued greatly - but that's another story. The end result was good. God was gracious to me throughout the incident. The circumstances of the accident and my general stubbornness aided in the process of getting the other guy's insurance company to pay a fair value for my car. That payment enabled me to replace my car with the Trans Am I now own, which is a more rare vehicle that has the potential to be a true collectors car in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home