Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pampering for Prevention

About 8:55pm last night my wife's cell phone rang. On the other end was a local TV anchor calling to inform Brittany that the entry she had submitted on behalf of my mother in a promotion that KSN is running in conjunction with Oasis Salon & Day Spa and St. John's Regional Medical Center had been selected to receive an all-day spa package at Oasis. The promotion was in search of people (women) who had been effected by breast cancer. My wife heard them talking about this event (called Pampering for Prevention) and decided to enter my mom - who after losing her dad to complications from lymphoma last November lost her oldest sister to breast cancer in April of this year and is now dealing with her husband (my dad) being treated for skin cancer (which, for the record, does not appear life threatening).

We had no idea if she'd be considered, but the call came and she's now scheduled to spend Friday at Oasis doing all the things women enjoy doing at a spa (don't ask me for a list, I'll sound stupid trying to say some of those words).

Mom called about 20 minutes after Britt got the call from KSN - KSN had called mom to let her know. She was really excited.

Rumor has it KSN will be interviewing the three winners at Oasis on Friday (I'm not sure if this will be a live feed at 5pm or recorded). I don't think my mom knows that yet, and I'm not sure she's going to be too excited about it, but I think she'll be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home