Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sure, I'll Be Glad to Paint That...part 5

The tables are now back in the living room with most of our electronic gear on them. After letting them dry over night (in the garage) and waiting on the sun to break yesterday afternoon I carried them around to the back porch and left them out in the sun all day.

After putting them out back I got the paint out one more time to touch up a couple of small areas I noticed needed some help (now that I had them out in the light).

Finally about 9:30 last night I brought them back in the house. They still weren't feeling fully dry, but after letting them sit inside for probably an hour I decided to put them back in place with the TV, VCR, stereo, etc. on them. The heavier items seem to have stuck a little, not enough to take paint off, so I think we're good now.

Brittany brought home a small (like arts & crafts small) brush so that I could do very tiny touch-up work near a couple of the bolts that are the side facing the room. I also need to re-wire everything to eliminate a problem that an old friend of mine commonly refers to as "cable puke".

I'd say the project is 99% complete and I'm marginally happy with the outcome. My wife is satisfied - or so she says. I won't be tying up any further blog space with this project, nor will I be taking on any projects like this one for a while. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home