Friday, August 08, 2008

Whose Brilliant Idea Was...


...it to put the US athletes in those yuppie outfits for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics? A blue blazer with a nice big crest on the pocket, white pants, and those dorky white hats. I don't care who designed it, they were terrible. Sorry, we're not all from the Hamptons and don't all have trust funds. "Hey, where's my yacht? Care to go for a sail? Don't I look like a skipper?"

1. White pants - generally not good - see TV or movie from the 80s for proof.
2. Really nice suits don't need a logo or crest on them. Having that just screams "I am rich and need you to know it." I can almost give a pass to the large logo that is the US Team logo, but don't worry, Ralph got his pony on the other side.
3. Not sure where to start with the hats. And while they were the most annoying part at first, the more I watched they are ultimately less irritating than the jacket or pants.

I'm sure that did a ton for our perception in the world. We managed to very quickly solidify the world's perception of US citizens as "rich Americans".

Yes, this is about the third time this week I've made a unilateral determination of what was good fashion and what wasn't. Clearly I should do consulting on the side so that people can avoid embarrassing themselves on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home