Monday, July 14, 2008

Beating Gas Prices

Last night I put gas in the Firehawk. At $4.13/gallon this was a fairly painful experience, but there were 2 things that gave me comfort.

1. This was the first time I'd put gas in it since November 23, 2007 according to the receipt I had in the car. That gives you an idea of how many miles I'm accumulating on that vehicle (161).
2. This was the first time I'd purchased gas personally in more than a month. No, really, my last gas purchase was sometime around the 9th or 10th of June in the Civic. In that time I think my wife had filled her car up once or twice and I had purchased several hundred dollars in fuel for CIY vans getting to Georgia and Pennsylvania, but I hadn't paid for gas for one of my cars in more than a month. Clearly the easiest way to not spend a ton on gas is to be out of town for 25 out of 31 days. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home