Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Blame it on Johnny

Several months ago my friend and co-worker, Johnny Scott, said he was going to give me a "shout-out" on his blog. I watch SportsCenter, so I was with him at "shout-out", but I was left wondering what this word "blog" was about.

I made an effort that night to locate his blog, but was unable to do so. The site told me it was under maintenence. I took this to mean I'd been deemed anti-tech savvy to the point of incompatibility with all things blogging. Not to be detered I made a call to Al Gore - since he invented the Internet and all - to see if he could get me the needed authorizations to view Johnny's blog. Several weeks after it was originally posted I was able to search Johnny's archives and find that in fact he had referenced me in a post.

Fast forward to today, I was informed that we - the staff of Christ In Youth - were going to all have blogs. Again, Johnny was a central character in this. After several explanations and a number of off-the-cuff diggs at Macs I had my very own blog. So, if this all goes south Johnny Scott will most certainly be to blame.

My primary concern here is filling the content vaccum on the Internet that Johnny informed me of today. I think this blog should pretty much take care of that problem. Johnny, you can go ahead and check that one off the list as solved.

Some topics to come in future days - timing pending my wife's grading schedule (when she is busy grading her students work I am allowed to use the computer and/or the PS2) - could include:

- The Trans Am - the last American Muscle Car, RIP
- The Land Grant University - A vision for a better future in rural America
- The Marathon - 26.2 miles you can't fake

And hopefully I'll come up with some other topics that actually have meaning.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Ryan Claborn said...

THIS IS RYAN'S WIFE. I do not have a blog, nor do I want one.

Nice job, husband! I will have to say that for the most part, you had correct grammar and also managed to add in a few metaphors and language to add "voice" to your writing. The sentence fluency was also good. Way to go! (For those of you who do not live in Webb City, MO, I am a teacher...I live for this kind of stuff!) Also, No Child Left Behind makes me want to...well, nevermind, this is not my blog. However, that could be a possible topic for you, Ryan! Just a thought. I am still not sure how blogging is essential in life, Johnny Scott, but I will say that my husband's MBA does not cover blogging. So, take it easy on him, ok?? :) Just make sure everything you do is a "wise financial decision" and Ryan will love you forever. -Per his wife

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Michael Pondrom said...

RC Speed,

To quote the pure, unadulterated greatness of Futurama, "Welcome to the world of tomorrow!" Some things to point out:

* Get ready. You're about to witness a whole new world.

* Don't be afraid to tackle any topic--as long as you're not planning on running for any public office someday. If you are planning on running for a public office someday, delete this RIGHT NOW.

* As this is your place, talk about what you want to talk about, but be prepared for feedback. Crazy people are fun, and as long as their comments aren't criminal or extremely predjudiced I encourage you to keep them.

* Most importantly, hook a link up to PJ's Place. It's been slow this month, but with the NBA season kicking off, you know I'm about to get it started.

* Let your wife right a guest blog on No Child Left Behind. Then remind her that she owes you :-)

You da man buddy! I'm proud of you!


Michael

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger EricEpp said...

so are there any teachers out there that actually support "no child left behind"?

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger The Kellys said...

Fluffy!!!! This is Amanda Warehime...now Kelly. Long time no see! Random steps through the world wide web brought me to your page and I wanted to say hello! Sounds like life is wonderful for you! Drop me a line sometime...snflwry@aol.com.
-Amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home